Initiative realigns management
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 19 December 1997 12:00AM
Initiative Media has moved to shore up its management team after the shock resignation of its chief executive, Phil Georgiadis, last month, by promoting Tony Manwaring and Roy Jeans to two senior positions.
Initiative Media has moved to shore up its management team after
the shock resignation of its chief executive, Phil Georgiadis, last
month, by promoting Tony Manwaring and Roy Jeans to two senior
Manwaring, the managing director of Initiative, is to take up the new
post of chairman, while Jeans, who joined the agency three months ago to
head its press operation, takes over the role of managing director.
At the same time, Manwaring also takes over the new title of creative
director as a signal of his role in developing Initiative’s strategic
and creative media credentials.
The new positions had been planned for some time and were due to take
effect in the spring. However, the departure of Georgiadis precipitated
the reshuffle in advance of the agency’s move into the old Ammirati
Puris Lintas building in Victoria.
Initiative’s worldwide chief executive, Marie Jose Forissier, is now
looking for a chief executive to replace Georgiadis, although the post
is being redrawn to include greater international responsibilities.
’I’ll be taking my time to find the right person,’ Forissier
’But I’m looking for a candidate with strong international credentials
to help me in the Initiative network around the world.’
In the interim, Forissier will be spending more time in the UK, which
she said would provide her with a good opportunity to get closer to the
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire