Patterson lures Charlie Sampson from CKT to Lansdown
By KAREN YATES, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 February 1997 12:00AM
Lansdown Conquest has lured one of Cowan Kemsley Taylor’s eight original partners to help its chief executive, Bill Patterson, run the agency.
Lansdown Conquest has lured one of Cowan Kemsley Taylor’s eight
original partners to help its chief executive, Bill Patterson, run the
Charlie Sampson, the new-business director of CKT, will join Lansdown on
Monday as head of account management. In his new role, Sampson will be
involved in all of Lansdown’s main accounts, including the Bank of
Scotland, Alfa Romeo and Columbia Tristar, and will spearhead the
WPP-owned agency’s new-business effort.
Patterson said of Sampson and the appointment: ’He is rare in that he
successfully combines a thoughtful approach with getting things done -
he has a great touch with creative people.’
Sampson began in advertising at Saatchi and Saatchi in 1982. He worked
his way up through the ranks of the media department, before switching
to account handling in 1987.
As an account director at Saatchis, he was responsible for clients such
as the Solid Fuel Advisory Service, Pfizer Healthcare and Reckitt and
Colman’s Disprin, Lemsip and Dettox brands.
Sampson left to form the Saatchi breakaway, CKT, with seven others, in
While there, he worked on a range of accounts, including the Taunton
Cider task, Whitbread and Express Newspapers. He also took on additional
responsibility for new-business strategy and marketing.
Sampson commented: ’Lansdown is the perfect next step for me. Helping to
build CKT has been hugely rewarding, but Lansdown is in a unique
position and has a great team. I can’t wait to get started.’
Lansdown is the smallest of WPP’s three agency brands in the UK,
alongside J. Walter Thompson and Ogilvy and Mather.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- PR Executive Brand Recruitment £22000 per annum, Lowestoft
- Creative Recruitment Consultant (Freelance Specialist) Â– Blue Skies Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Commision Scheme & Benefits , Richmond upon Thames
- Head of Marketing - Education Network Career Consultants £70000 - £85000 per annum, London
- Head of Communications, Branding and External Affairs Mission Aviation Fellowship UK 50,000 with pension of 10% salary on joining, Folkestone