NEWS: Four shops line up for COI career task in statutory rethink
By OUR PARLIAMENTARY CORRESPONDENT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 February 1996 12:00AM
Four advertising agencies are lining up to compete for a pounds 5 million-a-year government account held since 1991 by GGT.
Four advertising agencies are lining up to compete for a pounds 5
million-a-year government account held since 1991 by GGT.
Bates Dorland, D’Arcy Masius Benton and Bowles and Grey London have been
asked to pitch for the job of promoting the modern apprenticeships
scheme run by the Department for Education and Employment. GGT has also
been asked to re-pitch for the business.
GGT has produced a series of TV and press ads since landing the
business. The 1996/97 budget for the account has not yet been set by the
DFEE, but insiders expect it to be close to last year’s figure of around
pounds 5 million.
The brief is to advertise the department’s Modern Apprenticeship and
Career Development Loans scheme, aimed at helping people acquire skills
and improve their job prospects. The shortlisted shops will make their
presentations in April.
A source at the Central Office of Information, which is handling the
pitch, said: ‘The DFEE is a new department, created last year from the
merger of employment and education. The shake-up at the DFEE is one
factor in putting this work out.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London