NEWS: Four shops line up for COI career task in statutory rethink
By OUR PARLIAMENTARY CORRESPONDENT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 February 1996 12:00AM
Four advertising agencies are lining up to compete for a pounds 5 million-a-year government account held since 1991 by GGT.
Four advertising agencies are lining up to compete for a pounds 5
million-a-year government account held since 1991 by GGT.
Bates Dorland, D’Arcy Masius Benton and Bowles and Grey London have been
asked to pitch for the job of promoting the modern apprenticeships
scheme run by the Department for Education and Employment. GGT has also
been asked to re-pitch for the business.
GGT has produced a series of TV and press ads since landing the
business. The 1996/97 budget for the account has not yet been set by the
DFEE, but insiders expect it to be close to last year’s figure of around
pounds 5 million.
The brief is to advertise the department’s Modern Apprenticeship and
Career Development Loans scheme, aimed at helping people acquire skills
and improve their job prospects. The shortlisted shops will make their
presentations in April.
A source at the Central Office of Information, which is handling the
pitch, said: ‘The DFEE is a new department, created last year from the
merger of employment and education. The shake-up at the DFEE is one
factor in putting this work out.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account