NEWS: BFCS signs director from US to broaden appeal to agencies
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 February 1996 12:00AM
BFCS, the long-established commercials production company, has further updated its roster of directors by signing Russell Mulcahy, the director behind feature films such as Highlander I and Highlander II and the Shadow.
BFCS, the long-established commercials production company, has further
updated its roster of directors by signing Russell Mulcahy, the director
behind feature films such as Highlander I and Highlander II and the
The Australian-born Mulcahy is moving back into commercials after a six-
year break, during which time he worked on a number of feature films in
He recently finished producing Silent Trigger, a film starring Dolph
Lundgren, which will be released in Britain this autumn.
Mulcahy has made commercials for clients such as Ford, Heineken and
Smirnoff, and won a Clio for a BP spot featuring planes, helicopters,
trains and cars converging on a petrol station in the desert.
His appointment follows the hiring of Peter Harrison as BFCS’s new
managing director in December after the sudden departure of the former
managing director, Ann Pugsley (Campaign, 1 December 1995).
Harrison has been trying to revitalise BFCS’s appeal to agencies. Last
week, he signed two new directors, Cathrine Ellis and Keith Rogerson,
and recruited Tim Berriman from the facilities giant, Molinaire Films,
as a senior producer (Campaign, 16 February).
Harrison commented: ‘Russell wanted to re-establish his roots in the UK
after such a long time working exclusively in the US, and we are very
lucky to have him here. He misses the big event ads he was doing in the
80s and wants to get stuck in again.’
BFCS is owned by Michael Seresin, who recently directed campaigns for De
Beers, Renault and Heineken, and Derek Coutts, who shot most of the
recent Gold Blend, Oxo and Woolwich ads.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Executive Adam Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Liverpool
- Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, Manchester
- Search Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Manchester
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London