NEWS: Y&R names Gilbert European director of Ericsson account
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 August 1996 12:00AM
Young and Rubicam has appointed Nigel Gilbert, a former board director of Collett Dickenson Pearce, as the account managing director on the Ericsson mobile phone business across Europe.
Young and Rubicam has appointed Nigel Gilbert, a former board director
of Collett Dickenson Pearce, as the account managing director on the
Ericsson mobile phone business across Europe.
Gilbert, who has been the general manager of Dentsu Young and Rubicam in
Hong Kong for the past two years, will relocate to Stockholm, close to
the client’s Swedish headquarters.
Y&R won Ericsson’s dollars 75 million global account earlier this year
(Campaign, 19 January) after a final head-to-head battle with BBDO. The
business is expected to bill pounds 8 million in the UK this year.
Y&R was appointed with a brief to create one global message for
Ericsson. Bates Dorland had held the account outside the US since 1990,
while inside the US, a clutch of smaller shops were used.
A separate pitch was held for the media task, in which Y&R beat the
incumbent, Zenith Media, and five other worldwide Bates affiliates.
Commenting on his appointment, Gilbert said: ‘This is a terrific
opportunity to work with one of the key players in the world’s most
dynamic new category.’
Before joining Dentsu Y&R, Gilbert spent ten years at CDP in London,
initially in the media department. He became a board director of the
agency in 1986 while he was the media planning director, and later moved
on to CDP Europe, where he was responsible for client/agency relations
on a European level. He also ran the Estee Lauder account.
Fernan Montero, the chairman of Y&R Europe, said: ‘This is a key
appointment on one of Y&R’s most important new clients. Ericsson will be
one of our largest accounts in Europe next year.’
Gilbert is leading a team made up of personnel from the US, Europe and
Asia. A new campaign is expected to run this autumn.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- International Account Manager SYLEX Recruitment £25000 - £31000 per annum, London
- Brand Strategist - to £60k Network Career Consultants £50000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Haymarket Media Group Depending on experience (plus up to 40% commission) , Teddington, Middlesex
- Managing Partner - Client Services Source £90000 - £100000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film