CAMPAIGN DIARY: Heard the one about the agency boss and the bulimic? Read on
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 August 1996 12:00AM
A few weeks ago, the Diary drew readers’ attention to an ad in Private Eye asking for suggestions for a book entitled An Anatomy of the Shit in Advertising.
A few weeks ago, the Diary drew readers’ attention to an ad in Private
Eye asking for suggestions for a book entitled An Anatomy of the Shit in
The Diary has now had a meeting with the ‘serious author’ of this
forthcoming digest and has picked up a few colourful tales.
Like the one (we won’t mention any names, but we know who you are) where
the agency director, irritated by his secretary, told her to ‘lock
herself in a cupboard and fill her face with chocolate’. The girl was a
And the creative director who insisted on taking credit for all work and
included his name on every ad submitted to award shows when he had
nothing to do with them.
And the boss who refused to give a junior a pay rise (her first in three
years) because ‘she was getting married next month so wouldn’t need
Do any of these sound familiar? Back-stabbers, bigots and all other
unsavoury agency characters: you have been warned.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Lead Data Planning Consultant Direct Recruitment £85,000 - £100,000, London
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £55,000, East London
- Senior CRM & Insight Analyst Direct Recruitment £75,000 +, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition