CAMPAIGN DIARY: Heard the one about the agency boss and the bulimic? Read on
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 August 1996 12:00AM
A few weeks ago, the Diary drew readers’ attention to an ad in Private Eye asking for suggestions for a book entitled An Anatomy of the Shit in Advertising.
A few weeks ago, the Diary drew readers’ attention to an ad in Private
Eye asking for suggestions for a book entitled An Anatomy of the Shit in
The Diary has now had a meeting with the ‘serious author’ of this
forthcoming digest and has picked up a few colourful tales.
Like the one (we won’t mention any names, but we know who you are) where
the agency director, irritated by his secretary, told her to ‘lock
herself in a cupboard and fill her face with chocolate’. The girl was a
And the creative director who insisted on taking credit for all work and
included his name on every ad submitted to award shows when he had
nothing to do with them.
And the boss who refused to give a junior a pay rise (her first in three
years) because ‘she was getting married next month so wouldn’t need
Do any of these sound familiar? Back-stabbers, bigots and all other
unsavoury agency characters: you have been warned.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Midlands