Court Burkitt swipes Tony’s from St Luke’s
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 23 October 1998 12:00AM
Court Burkitt & Company has wrested the pounds 1.5 million Tony’s Freezer Cocktails account from St Luke’s, less than six months after it won Bell’s whisky, another UDV brand, from WCRS.
Court Burkitt & Company has wrested the pounds 1.5 million Tony’s
Freezer Cocktails account from St Luke’s, less than six months after it
won Bell’s whisky, another UDV brand, from WCRS.
St Luke’s launched Tony’s Freezer Cocktails with a national television
campaign in July 1997 and UDV has continued to spend on the brand over
the past 18 months.
At the same time, Court Burkitt has lost its Gonzalez Byass-owned Tio
Pepe sherry account, worth pounds 300,000, to the Morgan Partnership in
Gonzalez Byass, which is half-owned by Bacardi-Martini, is no longer
distributed by UDV and is now distributed by First Brands. However,
Court Burkitt’s creative work will continue to run until the end of this
Chris Meredith, the marketing director of First Brands, said: ’Court
Burkitt’s increasing portfolio of UDV brands made our relationship
something of an anomaly.’
Tony’s Freezer Cocktails are aimed at young women spending a ’girls’
St Luke’s opted for a kitsch sitcom-style campaign which followed the
antics of a group of young women who are shown trying out different
serving suggestions for the pre-prepared cocktails.
Hugh Burkitt, the chairman of Court Burkitt, said: ’There has been a lot
of change at UDV this year and it’s nice to get a pat on the back.
It is always good to get more work from existing clients.’
The agency was also awarded UDV’s Pimms account this summer.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014