NEWS: Interfocus assigns media business to CIA Medianetwork
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 24 May 1996 12:00AM
Interfocus, the through-the-line agency, has handed CIA Medianetwork its entire pounds 5 million media portfolio, leaving its former partner, the Media Business, out of the frame.
Interfocus, the through-the-line agency, has handed CIA Medianetwork its
entire pounds 5 million media portfolio, leaving its former partner, the
Media Business, out of the frame.
The deal marks the formalisation of a partnership that began about three
months ago. The two companies will pitch jointly for new business, as
well as targeting clients for whom Interfocus does not currently handle
Interfocus currently has media buying or planning for a number of
clients including Scottish Life, Budget Rent a Car, South Eastern
Railways and BP. It has also handled specific buying projects for
Associated Newspapers and Morphy Richards. Clients it currently handles
some planning but no buying for include Sony, 3M and Reckitt and Colman.
Matthew Hooper, the managing director at Interfocus, explained: ‘We
chose CIA because it offers a full media service that will provide our
clients with a through-the-line, multi-disciplined approach.
‘We wanted to work with an independent with whom we could do joint work
as well as joint pitching. We will target those clients that are looking
for effective media-led solutions.’
Mike Anderson, the director of business development at CIA Medianetwork,
said: ‘We position ourselves as a full-service media offering. We have
relationships with 47 creative agencies.
‘Interfocus offers a full-service, through-the-line creative approach
and we felt we complemented each other well.’
Interfocus had worked with the Media Business for three years. Before
that, it worked with BMP. Interfocus bought itself out of Omnicom in
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Insight Manager Brand Recruitment £35000 per annum, Stevenage
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 p/a, South West
- Head of Digital PSD Group Up to £80,000 + Car, Bonus and Benefits, London
- Brand & Advertising Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency