Virgin One sticks with TBWA despite conflict
By KAREN YATES, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 24 July 1998 12:00AM
Virgin’s banking operation, Virgin One, has decided to retain TBWA GGT Simons Palmer on its account, despite the agency’s appointment by Virgin’s major rival, NatWest, last month.
Virgin’s banking operation, Virgin One, has decided to retain TBWA
GGT Simons Palmer on its account, despite the agency’s appointment by
Virgin’s major rival, NatWest, last month.
Jayne-Anne Gadhia, Virgin One’s managing director, explained: ’We have
always enjoyed a very strong working relationship with TBWA and are very
pleased with the team and the effectiveness of the creative work that
has been developed to date. We see no reason to change our advertising
NatWest is also understood to be content to share an agency with Virgin
One. However, Virgin Personal Financial Services, which handles Virgin’s
PEPs, pensions and life assurance products, is talking to other agencies
about its multi-million-pound account.
The VPFS marketing manager, Andrew Innwood, has reportedly held talks
with HHCL & Partners, CDP, Arc Advertising and Rainey Kelly Campbell
Roalfe about its advertising, with a decision expected next week.
Innwood was unavailable for comment as Campaign went to press.
Carl Johnson, the chief executive of TBWA, commented: ’I am personally
very pleased that Virgin One has concluded it is more likely to achieve
commercial success by staying with us. I hope that the other side of the
Virgin business arrives at the same conclusion.’
TBWA won NatWest’s pounds 50 million account last month after pitching
against M&C Saatchi and Rainey Kelly, as well as the NatWest roster
shops, Bartle Bogle Hegarty and Ammirati Puris Lintas.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London