NEWS: Columbia Tristar to see six agencies in home video search
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 24 November 1995 12:00AM
Columbia Tristar Home Video, a division of the film giant, has briefed six shops to create new ways of using its pounds 4 million adspend to put life into home video advertising.
Columbia Tristar Home Video, a division of the film giant, has briefed
six shops to create new ways of using its pounds 4 million adspend to
put life into home video advertising.
The new marketing manager of Home Video’s retail division, Joe Simpson,
said he had selected the six agencies with the help of the Advertising
He confirmed that he would be seeing all the agencies before Christmas,
but added that the business would not necessarily shift out of CM
Lintas, where it has been for the past seven years.
‘I’m travelling around to see various agencies just to see what they can
do and what they’re like. It’s not a fait accompli,’ he commented.
Simpson, who joined three months ago from the music chain, Our Price,
said he chose the agencies either through personal recommendation or
because he liked their work.
He declined to list his selections, but explained he was particularly
anxious to get away from simply using film clips, the traditional form
of advertising that dominates the home video market.
The giant Columbia Tristar corporation markets such films as Little
Women, the Madness of King George and Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham