NEWS: Three shops battle for pounds 3m Tropicana fruit juice ads task
By KAREN YATES, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 24 November 1995 12:00AM
Tropicana, the world’s leading fruit juice, is talking to three London agencies about its pounds 3 million advertising spend in the UK, following the brand’s international resignation by Leo Burnett this summer.
Tropicana, the world’s leading fruit juice, is talking to three London
agencies about its pounds 3 million advertising spend in the UK,
following the brand’s international resignation by Leo Burnett this
Burnetts was forced to give up the business - worth pounds 10 million
globally - after winning a place on the Coca-Cola roster to handle the
fruit drink brand, Fruitopia.
In the US, the brand’s largest market, Tropicana responded by setting up
an agency review, and later stunned the industry by choosing Foote Cone
and Belding rather than one of the five shops rostered by its parent,
the Seagram Beverage Group.
But FCB’s appointment did not cover overseas markets, and Tropicana in
the UK is now talking to Simons Palmer Denton Clemmow and Johnson and
GGT, as well as FCB, about a possible tripling in its spend to pounds 3
A Tropicana spokesman confirmed that a review was taking place, but
declined to give details.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Strategist / Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £50,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Planning Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £100,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Wilkinson rebrands to Wilko in TV campaign
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- French agency creates chocolate dildo Easter campaign