NEWS: Three shops battle for pounds 3m Tropicana fruit juice ads task
By KAREN YATES, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 24 November 1995 12:00AM
Tropicana, the world’s leading fruit juice, is talking to three London agencies about its pounds 3 million advertising spend in the UK, following the brand’s international resignation by Leo Burnett this summer.
Tropicana, the world’s leading fruit juice, is talking to three London
agencies about its pounds 3 million advertising spend in the UK,
following the brand’s international resignation by Leo Burnett this
Burnetts was forced to give up the business - worth pounds 10 million
globally - after winning a place on the Coca-Cola roster to handle the
fruit drink brand, Fruitopia.
In the US, the brand’s largest market, Tropicana responded by setting up
an agency review, and later stunned the industry by choosing Foote Cone
and Belding rather than one of the five shops rostered by its parent,
the Seagram Beverage Group.
But FCB’s appointment did not cover overseas markets, and Tropicana in
the UK is now talking to Simons Palmer Denton Clemmow and Johnson and
GGT, as well as FCB, about a possible tripling in its spend to pounds 3
A Tropicana spokesman confirmed that a review was taking place, but
declined to give details.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus car/ car allowance, London