NEWS: Optimedia plans second-string buying venture
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 24 November 1995 12:00AM
Optimedia, the Publicis-owned media company, is to launch a second London-based media operation in a two-pronged attack on the UK market.
Optimedia, the Publicis-owned media company, is to launch a second
London-based media operation in a two-pronged attack on the UK market.
The new company, which is expected to be officially unveiled early in
the new year, is designed to boost Optimedia’s capacity for winning new
business and to handle any conflicting accounts.
The second-string operation will complement the main Optimedia brand,
which has billings of pounds 200 million, but will also operate as a
competitor for new business.
However, its clients will be able to tap into Optimedia’s extensive
media research resource and its media volume, which will give them more
clout in negotiations with media owners.
Simon Lloyd, the chairman of Optimedia, admitted that plans were being
laid for the new operation, but stressed that it was still at the
drawing-board stage. ‘It won’t happen in the very near future, but it’s
certainly something we’re planning,’ Lloyd said.
Optimedia is one of Europe’s largest media networks and the brand has
second-string agencies in several other countries. More Media in Germany
and Idemedia in France both operate alongside, and in competition with,
their Optimedia parent.
The move to create another UK brand comes after a successful new
business year for Optimedia, which has won the global media account for
BA/Qantas - including a pounds 16 million spend in the UK - as well as
the Gateway 2000 and Bright Reasons accounts.
In the UK this week, headhunters were appointed to find a new managing
director for the main Optimedia operation, as John Taylor, the current
managing director, was promoted to the role of director of European
operations. Taylor is expected to oversee the new company launch.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London