NEWS: M&C Saatchi plans debut charity drive for Mencap revamp
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 24 November 1995 12:00AM
M&C Saatchi has taken on its first charity account and will handle Mencap’s 50th anniversary appeal.
M&C Saatchi has taken on its first charity account and will handle
Mencap’s 50th anniversary appeal.
The initiative - described as the most ambitious project in Mencap’s
history - has a fund-raising target of between pounds 10 and pounds 15
The agency was awarded the business without a pitch and comes as a
result of high-level contacts between Maurice Saatchi and an executive
committee of industry captains, which is co-ordinating the initiative.
The committee’s chairman is George Bull, GrandMet’s chief executive.
Other members include Sir Michael Perry, the chairman of Unilever, and
Michael Hepher, the British Telecom group managing director.
The charity, which campaigns on behalf of people with learning
difficulties and their families, has appointed the agency for its golden
jubilee appeal, although M&C Saatchi says it expects the assignment to
evolve into a long-term relationship.
The appeal will be launched to potential private benefactors early next
year, with consumer advertising, featuring a new logo, scheduled for
early summer. It is the first significant advertising for some time by
the charity, which is involved in the development of care in the
community programmes after the run-down of long-stay hospitals.
Moray MacLennan, the agency’s joint chief executive, said: ‘Mencap’s
awareness is high but few people know what it does. Our task is to raise
awareness and money.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus car/ car allowance, London