NEWS: Leeds agency wins task to make Spam fashionable in 90s
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 24 November 1995 12:00AM
Advertising Principles has been handed the pounds 500,000 task of transforming Spam, synonymous with wartime austerity, school dinners and Monty Python, into a premium product.
Advertising Principles has been handed the pounds 500,000 task of
transforming Spam, synonymous with wartime austerity, school dinners and
Monty Python, into a premium product.
The Leeds agency won the business after a pitch against another of the
city’s shops, Hacker Mernock Hemingway, as well as Finch Advertising in
Liverpool and Bates Dorland, which had handled the task for three years.
Newforge Foods, the Merseyside company that manufactures Spam under
licence from the Hormel Food corporation in the US, has briefed the new
agency on a TV branding campaign that will break next summer.
The agency review was called in October, six months after Newforge was
sold to its management.
Rob Lucas, Newforge’s marketing director, said Advertising Principles
had been chosen because it ‘offered a strategy which made excellent use
of our budget’.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- DM Campaign Manager - 12 month FTC to start asap. AF Selection Up to £30,000, West Midlands
- Account Director Lipton Fleming £35000 - £40000 per annum + Commission , London
- Senior PPC Account Manager PFJ £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Lipton Fleming £20000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus , London
- Associate Director - FMCG Research Agency NG Digital Marketing c £55k, Central London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?