NEWS: Bean MC and Equinox share pounds 2m launch for Planet Internet venture
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 24 November 1995 12:00AM
KPN Multimedia, a UK-based division of the Dutch telecoms giant, KPN, has appointed Equinox Communications to work alongside Bean MC on the planned pounds 2 million launch of its new-media publishing venture, Planet Internet.
KPN Multimedia, a UK-based division of the Dutch telecoms giant, KPN,
has appointed Equinox Communications to work alongside Bean MC on the
planned pounds 2 million launch of its new-media publishing venture,
Planet Internet’s first UK products will be an Internet information
organiser and browser software. Planet Internet launches in the UK next
week and plans a number of joint promotions with radio stations and
magazines to promote the service in time for Christmas.
The bulk of the advertising activity won’t take off until the new year.
Equinox will handle media planning and buying for the campaign, and Bean
MC will design the creative work. Simon Mathews, the managing director
of Equinox, said that his company would also be providing a consultancy
service to Planet Internet.
John O’Sullivan, the marketing director of Planet Internet, said it
would be advertising in new-media publications such as the Guardian’s
On-Line section and.net magazine, but would expand into general interest
magazines and newspaper sections.
O’Sullivan, who previously worked at British Telecom on its interactive
TV trials, added that he was looking at ways to develop the Planet
Internet brand into new media. In Holland, the company has already
launched an online newspaper, the Daily Planet, and a similar venture is
being considered in the UK.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Strategic Alliances Manger, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + +comm, London
- Country Senior Sales Manager - DACH - top DSP Ultimate Asset £45000 - £50000 per annum + +£35k comm + bens, London
- Head of SEO Lipton Fleming £80000 - £90000.00 per annum, London
- SEO Manager - FMCG Account - Stand-Out Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London