LETTERS: BULLYING AT WORK; There is only one thing to do if you are bullied: walk
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 24 November 1995 12:00AM
I spent almost ten years in London, working both in agencies and as a client. In 1994, for personal reasons, I moved to Wiltshire where, for the first time in a varied career in advertising and direct marketing, I was subjected to just the kind of bullying and intimidation detailed in your report (Campaign, 10 November).
I spent almost ten years in London, working both in agencies and as a
client. In 1994, for personal reasons, I moved to Wiltshire where, for
the first time in a varied career in advertising and direct marketing, I
was subjected to just the kind of bullying and intimidation detailed in
your report (Campaign, 10 November).
My then colleagues described the experiences of several of my
predecessors, which were appallingly similar to my own. Like them, I
resigned - life’s too short - and my career thrives in a similar role at
a different agency.
I was not the proverbial ‘green graduate’ who apparently needs
toughening up, but an experienced, mature professional who felt that she
had encountered most aspects of the dark under-belly of the industry
during my extended tour of duty in the metropolis.
Thank you for this feature. I hope it will help many people summon up
the courage to defy this insidious, brutal form of cowardice by letting
them know, if nothing else, that they are not alone and that if they
walk away from their tormentors it will not be an admission of defeat.
Tesni Daniel, Chippenham, Wiltshire
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency