NEWS: Habitat gives up on in-house team and starts agency hunt
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 October 1996 12:00AM
Habitat has abandoned its commitment to in-house advertising and has asked WCRS, BST-BDDP and Lowe Howard-Spink to pitch for its creative account.
Habitat has abandoned its commitment to in-house advertising and has
asked WCRS, BST-BDDP and Lowe Howard-Spink to pitch for its creative
A campaign is scheduled to appear early next year, but the budget is
still under wraps. Richard Millar, the marketing director of Habitat,
has planned press and poster work but hasn’t ruled out the possibility
of a television campaign in the future.
Habitat spent just pounds 500,000 on advertising last year with media
buying through Zenith Media, which remains unaffected by the review.
The furniture retailer’s last agency of record was Saatchi and Saatchi,
which was appointed to the account, then worth pounds 4 million, in
April 1991. A three-year relationship, which produced award-winning
work, effectively ended when Habitat went in-house to produce a campaign
for its 30th anniversary.
Since then, marketing activity has focused on brochures, tactical sales
promotion, direct marketing and press.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of Insights Stopgap £90000 - £100000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director [Exciting Brands / Dynamic Agency] c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, London (Greater)
- Senior Creative Designer become £35K, Hertfordshire
- Digital Producer Red Sofa London £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account