NEWS: US computer giant hands global task to Euro RSCG group
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 October 1996 12:00AM
Mediapolis, the media operation formed by the merger of the Euro RSCG- owned Mediastar and Young and Rubicam’s media department, claimed its first win this week on the back of the French network’s Iomega victory.
Mediapolis, the media operation formed by the merger of the Euro RSCG-
owned Mediastar and Young and Rubicam’s media department, claimed its
first win this week on the back of the French network’s Iomega victory.
The US-based computer drive manufacturer has handed Euro RSCG its
dollars 35 million full-service global advertising. Iomega had split its
account between Ammirati Puris Lintas in Europe and Euro RSCG DSW in the
Last year, Iomega spent only pounds 200,000 on UK advertising, most of
which was created in-house, but the company is now determined to
transform itself into a powerful global brand. The pan-European spend is
expected to reach dollars 5 million next year.
The European work will be run out of London by Euro RSCG Wnek Gosper.
Chris Pinnington, the agency’s managing director, said: ‘This is a great
opportunity to create a major brand in Europe almost from scratch.’
The company’s flagship product, the Zip drive, has the capacity to store
70 conventional disks’ worth of data on one new-format disk. Other
products include the Ditto tape drive, and the top-of-the-range Jaz
disk-drive storage systems.
Tim Hill, the vice-president of marketing at Iomega, said: ‘We believe
we have the products to make us a household name across the world.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- PR Account Manager Brand Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum + plus bonus, Milton Keynes
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South West
- Account Manager/SAM - Corporate to £45k Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Market Researcher Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, South East
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency