NEWS: Zenith Direct sees off CIA to land Viglen media account
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 October 1996 12:00AM
Zenith Direct has recorded its first new-business win since its launch two weeks ago after a two-way shoot-out with CIA Medianetwork.
Zenith Direct has recorded its first new-business win since its launch
two weeks ago after a two-way shoot-out with CIA Medianetwork.
The spin-off media agency has hooked the pounds 2 million media planning
and buying account for the computer company, Viglen. The account was
previously handled by Lesniak Jones Liddell on a full-service basis,
with CIA responsible for TV buying. Viglen is seeking a creative agency
and the incumbent is expected to repitch.
Viglen is the direct PC sales arm of Amstrad, a mainstream Zenith
client. It expects to spend pounds 2 million on media in the next year.
Zenith Direct will take over the account on 1 November and has been
briefed to diversify Viglen’s media usage.
Claire Myerscough, the head of Zenith Direct, said: ‘Viglen’s goal is to
build brand awareness and market share. It wants to break through the
noise of current computer advertising.’
Last year, Viglen spent pounds 1.5 million on direct response press ads
in computer titles. The company is now likely to move away from
specialist titles and into more mainstream publications.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Packaging Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer/ Creative Director Designate Major Players £40000 - £50000 per annum + Plus Benefits, City of London
- Group Head of Design Gemini Search £40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Benifits, City of London
- Creative Operations Manager Guru Careers £27 - 32k, Based West Drayton, Greater London (UB7)
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- We Built This City rises up the charts after Three ad