NEWS: Zenith Direct sees off CIA to land Viglen media account
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 October 1996 12:00AM
Zenith Direct has recorded its first new-business win since its launch two weeks ago after a two-way shoot-out with CIA Medianetwork.
Zenith Direct has recorded its first new-business win since its launch
two weeks ago after a two-way shoot-out with CIA Medianetwork.
The spin-off media agency has hooked the pounds 2 million media planning
and buying account for the computer company, Viglen. The account was
previously handled by Lesniak Jones Liddell on a full-service basis,
with CIA responsible for TV buying. Viglen is seeking a creative agency
and the incumbent is expected to repitch.
Viglen is the direct PC sales arm of Amstrad, a mainstream Zenith
client. It expects to spend pounds 2 million on media in the next year.
Zenith Direct will take over the account on 1 November and has been
briefed to diversify Viglen’s media usage.
Claire Myerscough, the head of Zenith Direct, said: ‘Viglen’s goal is to
build brand awareness and market share. It wants to break through the
noise of current computer advertising.’
Last year, Viglen spent pounds 1.5 million on direct response press ads
in computer titles. The company is now likely to move away from
specialist titles and into more mainstream publications.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Senior Consultant - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £60k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (West), London (Greater) / Twickenham, Lo...
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films