NEWS: APL launches game featuring cult Peperami character
By ANNE-MARIE CRAWFORD, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 25 October 1996 12:00AM
Ammirati Puris Lintas has unveiled a pounds 1 million campaign to launch Animal, a computer adventure game starring the cult animal character from the agency’s award-winning Peperami snack food campaign.
Ammirati Puris Lintas has unveiled a pounds 1 million campaign to launch
Animal, a computer adventure game starring the cult animal character
from the agency’s award-winning Peperami snack food campaign.
The game will launch into high street stores on 15 November and will be
backed by a national television and press advertising push.
The press work also rolls out next month in key consumer and PC titles.
It shows the tall, manic-looking animal character with a knife in one
hand and the other outstretched towards a submissive ‘couch potato’ type
in braces. The strapline says: ‘Here, let me take your jacket.’
In the corner is a picture of the game’s outer cover showing the
animal’s staring eyes and the single word ‘animal’ picked out in
graffiti-like type. Underneath is the line: ‘PC CD-Rom. It’s a byte of
TV ads break in January to coincide with the post-Christmas games rush.
The 20-second TV ad combines separate footage of the Peperami character
with clips from the game itself. The ad was written by John Peacock, art
directed by Frank Cookson, and directed by Ken Lidster at Loose Moose.
The game is being positioned as the first combination role-play and
Doom-style ‘beat ’em up’ - or in this case, ‘eat ’em up’ - game. It will
initially be available on PC CD-Roms and will target 18- to 22-year-old
males and children aged 11- to 18-years-old who are computer games
Media planning is being handled by APL, while Initiative Media is
responsible for buying.
The press ads were also written by Peacock and art directed by Cookson.
Adrian Edmondson, the star of the TV comedy, Bottom, will be the voice
of the ‘animal’ in the game.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Global Digital Brand Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + other benefits , Slough
- Marketing & Communications Director Stopgap £70000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Lipton Fleming £28000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus , London
- Associate Director of Content Strategy - London £75,000 Adam Recruitment £75000 - £76000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart