NEWS: J&J awards Saatchi roster position with Pepcid assignment
By CAROLINE MARSHALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 January 1996 12:00AM
Saatchi and Saatchi has earned itself a place on the coveted Johnson and Johnson roster by capturing up to pounds 26 million worth of business for the antacid, Pepcid AC.
Saatchi and Saatchi has earned itself a place on the coveted Johnson and
Johnson roster by capturing up to pounds 26 million worth of business
for the antacid, Pepcid AC.
Saatchis’ US stablemate, Compton Partners, won Pepcid AC in the US last
year and the London agency has now secured the account across Europe
after a head-to-head with the incumbent, Ammirati and Puris/Lintas.
The move coincides with the merging of two of J&J’s UK operations -
Janssen Pharmacy Division and Centra Healthcare, which markets Pepcid
Spend for the over-the-counter heartburn remedy is set to be
dramatically increased to an estimated pounds 6 million in the UK and
pounds 20 million across Europe over the next 12 months.
Precise plans for the brand’s future advertising have not been revealed,
although they are expected to include new TV ads, plus heavyweight
women’s press and trade press support.
A J&J spokesman told Campaign: ‘Saatchis has ascended the learning curve
at tremendous speed. No wonder the consumer has identified so well with
its ads in research.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Head of Brand - Exceptional Opportunity Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £110-£115K + car + excellent benefits & bonus package, Southern Home Counties/Great London
- Marketing & PR Executive Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment To £23,500, West Sussex
- Mid-Senior Copywriter | contract | leading mobile application Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + competitive compensation & benefits packge, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign