NEWS: Publicis strengthens hold on KP task
By JOHN TYLEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 January 1996 12:00AM
Publicis has tightened its grip on KP Foods’ advertising by adding Roysters to the stable of major snack brands it handles for the company.
Publicis has tightened its grip on KP Foods’ advertising by adding
Roysters to the stable of major snack brands it handles for the company.
KP is understood to be ready to more than treble its current pounds 1.2
million support for the brand.
The business moves to Publicis following a pitch against GGT, the agency
that launched the brand in the UK almost four years ago.
Publicis is working on new commercials that are designed to spearhead
Roysters’ return to national TV in the spring. It is 21 months since the
brand was last on air.
The win consolidates most of the KP business within Publicis, which
already holds Hula Hoops, Real McCoy’s, Brannigans and Premier League
Hula Hoops is currently on TV with new films featuring Harry Enfield and
Meanwhile, Premier Leag-ue Crisps became the first assignment for Gerry
Moira when he returned to Publicis as its creative director last summer.
Rick Bendel, Publicis’ joint chief executive, said: ‘Gerry’s return has
given KP the extra confidence in us.’
The success of the Hula Hoops campaign, together with BMP DDB Needham’s
Gary Lineker commercials for Walkers crisps, has shown KP that ‘there is
a link between good creative work and sales,’ Bendel added.
KP launched Roysters into the then fledgling UK adult snacks market in
July 1992. It based its image on its US counterpart, O’Boises, but gave
it a new brand name and packaging to appeal to British tastes.
Roysters became the first new product launch through GGT after the
agency took over KP’s new product development portfolio. The brand was
introduced on TV with a weird, comic-style US family. The family was
later ditched in favour of the eccentric character, Warren G. Royster,
who claimed to have invented the potato.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire