NEWS: Granada seeks shops to pitch for pounds 7m Forte
By JOHN OWEN, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 January 1996 12:00AM
Granada is to review Forte’s pounds 7 million advertising arrangements following its successful takeover bid earlier this week.
Granada is to review Forte’s pounds 7 million advertising arrangements
following its successful takeover bid earlier this week.
The review will affect a number of agencies, including Bartle Bogle
Hegarty, which handles the pounds 2 million Posthouse account, and
D’Arcy Masius Benton and Bowles, which controls the pounds 1 million
Little Chef account. Walton and Wiggins used to handle the pounds 1.6
million business for Forte Hotel Leisure Break.
Granada will also put Forte’s media arrangements under the spotlight,
which could affect CIA Medianetwork (Posthouse), and the Media Centre
Saatchi and Saatchi devised a memorable corporate campaign for Forte in
1992, but is no longer on the roster.
A spokesman for Granada said: ‘There is likely to be a rationalisation
of the large number of agencies, but not a reduction in the overall
spend.’ The changes will be completed within six months, he added.
Granada’s financial commitment quashes speculation that it intended to
slash the marketing budgets in a bid to recoup some of the pounds 3.8
billion cost of the takeover.
Granada is looking to sell off Forte’s upmarket hotels and the
international Meridien chain. Forte’s 26 Welcome Break motorway service
areas will also have to be sold off for monopoly reasons.
Granada uses Delaney Fletcher Bozell and YMG Carat for its retail
advertising, Lowe Howard-Spink for its services work and the Manchester
agency, Barrington Johnson Lorains and Partners, and TMD Carat
Manchester for its theme parks.
Granada is to introduce satellite TV in every room at Forte’s Travelodge
hotels to move them upmarket.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- PPC Senior Executive - Family Feel Media Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PPC Account Manger - Big budget client!!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Project Manager - Freelance and Perm Contracts The Industry Club London Ltd Various, London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London