NEWS: Initiative Media sets up internal creative department
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 January 1996 12:00AM
Initiative Media is launching its own in-house creative department designed to develop new commercial opportunities with media owners.
Initiative Media is launching its own in-house creative department
designed to develop new commercial opportunities with media owners.
Initiative’s chief executive, Phil Georgiadis, has launched the
Innovations Centre as part of an ongoing restructuring of the media
The new unit will be headed by Tony Manwaring, Initiative’s managing
Peter Cannon, a former planner/buyer at TMD Carat, has already been
recruited to help run the department.
Manwaring will have a brief to provide a forum for the development of
new commercial vehicles with media owners. Manwaring said that the idea
was to ‘exploit every method that is available to communicate with the
client’s customers’, encompassing opportunities such as sponsorship and
programming supplied by advertisers.
Georgiadis said Manwaring would ‘act as a creative director for
Initiative. Effectively we’re setting up a media-focused creative
department within the company.’
He added that the unit will serve as a think-tank for new ideas, and all
the company’s staff will be encouraged to supply creative media ideas.
But Georgiadis stressed that the new unit will not encroach on the
traditional territory of creative agencies. ‘This is about providing new
media ideas for creative agencies to work with,’ he said.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London