NEWS: BBH extends hold on Levi’s with Japan win
By CAROLINE MARSHALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 January 1996 12:00AM
Bartle Bogle Hegarty has increased its remit for Levi’s by picking up the pounds 10 million advertising account in Japan, where it has been handled by McCann-Erickson for the past 15 years.
Bartle Bogle Hegarty has increased its remit for Levi’s by picking up
the pounds 10 million advertising account in Japan, where it has been
handled by McCann-Erickson for the past 15 years.
The appointment follows BBH’s first worldwide spot for Levi’s,
‘clayman’, last August, and the appointment of BBH by Levi’s last
October to handle print advertising in Scandinavia.
The move also marks a further vote of confidence in BBH by Levi’s, a
founding client when the agency opened its doors in 1982. The agency
already handles pan-European cinema and TV for the brand.
New print and TV work is expected to break in March this year, although
it is unclear at this stage whether BBH will be extending its universal
executions to Japan or creating dedicated work.
The consumer marketing manager for Levi’s Japan, Peter Haffenberg, said:
‘We’ve selected BBH for the bulk of our above-the-line activity due to
the quality of its strategic thinking and its experience with the brand
on a global level.’
Nigel Bogle, joint chief executive of BBH, said: ‘We are thrilled to
extend our relationship with Levi’s into a new continent. The dynamics
of the Japanese market are different from Europe and we look forward to
finding out how different.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Business Development Manager Adam Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum + OTE, London
- EMEA Category Controller McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
- Senior MM - Acquistion Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + bens, London
- Account Director Trace £40000 - £50000 Per Annum, London