NEWS: Talk Radio puts FCB on alert after lining up shops for review
By JOHN TYLEE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 April 1996 12:00AM
Talk Radio is shortlisting agencies in advance of a forthcoming review out of Foote Cone Belding.
Talk Radio is shortlisting agencies in advance of a forthcoming review
out of Foote Cone Belding.
The troubled station confirmed this week that it was drawing up a
shortlist of about five shops, including FCB, to pitch for a new burst
of ads to begin in June.
Chris Rendel, FCB’s managing director, said the agency was in
discussions with Talk Radio about a new campaign, and was unaware it was
talking to other agencies.
But he added: ‘Any organisation going through the kind of change that
Talk Radio is undergoing is bound to take a hard look at the future.’
The review comes 17 months after FCB triumphed in a seven-way pitch to
handle the creative work for the station’s launch in February last year.
The following July, Talk Radio brought all of its ad arrangements under
one roof by taking media planning and buying out of CIA Medianetwork and
putting it into FCB’s sister shop, Optimedia.
Separately, the station has seen an almost complete turnover in its
senior staff. Last month, David Lees, the sales and marketing director,
and Jerry Thomas, the programme controller, quit after reported clashes
with CLT’s management over the station’s future direction.
At the same time, Jason Bryant, Talk Radio’s new programme director, has
revamped the line-up of presenters by dropping several big names,
including Simon Bates, Trevor McDonald and Jonathan King.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SEO Account Manager PFJ £35000.00 per annum, London
- PR Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 per annum, Birmingham
- HEAD OF DIGITAL SALES Success Digital £Competitive Salary + Bonus Scheme, Manchester
- PPC Manager Better Placed Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, North West England