NEWS: Agencies in dash to pitch for Sport First launch assignment
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 April 1996 12:00AM
Agencies and media companies have been called in for a last-minute dash to compete for the launch account of Sport First, Britain’s first daily sports newspaper, whose first issue is due out this summer at the start of the Euro ’96 football tournament.
Agencies and media companies have been called in for a last-minute dash
to compete for the launch account of Sport First, Britain’s first daily
sports newspaper, whose first issue is due out this summer at the start
of the Euro ’96 football tournament.
Keith Young, the chairman of Sport First’s publisher, Parliamentary
Communications, has seen six or seven agencies, some of which responded
to only an hour’s notice, including Collett Dickenson Pearce, Knight
Leach Delaney and Butterfield Day Devito Hockney.
Each agency was given an overview of the brief and asked to give their
initial thoughts on it by the end of the week, Young explained.
He said he was looking for an agency that will work with the fact that
Sport First will be a multimedia company, one that will move on to the
Internet, for example, or into electronic football games.
‘We’re going to be a totally sports-oriented company, not just a
newspaper,’ he added.
A shortlist of three agencies will be selected early next week. The
budget is estimated at around pounds 1 million.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Luxury Designer become £ - Negotiable, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London