CAMPAIGN CRAFT SPONORED BY SVC: Morahan quits Great Guns for Weilands
By JADE GARRETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 June 1998 12:00AM
Andy Morahan has quit Great Guns after nearly four years to join the Paul Weiland Film Company.
Andy Morahan has quit Great Guns after nearly four years to join
the Paul Weiland Film Company.
Morahan decided to leave Great Guns to concentrate on work in the
’I needed a change, I’ve been spending a lot of time in the US and I
wanted to return to the UK market. I believe Weilands is more focused
here,’ he said.
Morahan also insisted that the break was amicable. ’There was no
fall-out with Laura Gregory (the managing director of Great Guns) but
she has a very international focus,’ he said.
Gregory commented: ’Weilands is a great place for him to go. We’ve had
four great years burning each other out.’
Morahan’s showreel features prominent clients such as Barclays, Bacardi,
Fiat, Renault and Guinness. He is best known for his 1996 Guess jeans
commercial, ’cheat’, starring Juliette Lewis, Traci Lords and Harry Dean
Stanton. The ad picked up a host of D&AD awards as well as the top
accolade for best crafted commercial at the British Television
Advertising Craft Awards. Morahan also took a BTAA arrow for his
direction on the ad.
Morahan’s last work with Great Guns and his most recent in the UK has
been for the Elida Faberge body spray, Lynx.
Morahan also retains several clients in the music industry, dating from
his early days directing Wham! videos. He also directed Tales from the
Crypt, an eight-part TV series for ABC/Columbia starring Ewan McGregor
and Jane Horrocks.
The move to Weilands marks Morahan’s decision to prioritise advertising
for ’at least the next couple of years’.
’We’re thrilled to be representing Andy - ’cheat’ for Guess is one of my
all time favourite commercials,’ Paul Weiland commented.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Brand Consultant - Cultural Insight Rare Selection Up to £42500 + benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £32000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, City of London
- SEO Director / Head of Business Development - £65K (£85K OTE) Salt £65000 per annum + 20000 OTE, London
- Senior Account Manager, Corporate Branding Hasson Associates £38,000 - £50,000 , Central London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity