NEWS: Team Saatchi wins bill-paying service after four-way pitch
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 July 1996 12:00AM
Team Saatchi has beaten three agencies to scoop the design and creative work for the national roll-out of CashStop Services, a new company that will install bill-paying terminals at local retailers (Campaign, 21 June).
Team Saatchi has beaten three agencies to scoop the design and creative
work for the national roll-out of CashStop Services, a new company that
will install bill-paying terminals at local retailers (Campaign, 21
CashStop - which has signed up utility and service companies such as BT,
British Gas, the BBC, London Electricity and Anglian Water - is
targeting low-income consumers who typically pay their bills in cash.
The company hopes to attract the three million of the UK’s 21 million
homes that do not have bank accounts or credit cards.
CashStop intends to begin regional trials from October and is planning a
nationwide launch through 8,000 retailers in spring 1997.
The company will install terminals similar to those used for the
National Lottery at newsagents, petrol stations and supermarkets.
Michael Parker, the Team Saatchi chief executive, confirmed that the
national launch will be supported by an above- and below-the-line
advertising campaign that will involve both direct mail and retail
Media will be handled by Zenith Media’s sister operation, Equinox
The ad budget has not been disclosed but is thought to be about pounds 1
Tim Watkin-Rees, CashStop’s commercial director, commented: ‘We are
developing a service which will make it much easier for people to pay
their bills. Team Saatchi demonstrated that it had the strategic,
creative and design skills we need to help us create a national brand.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London