Lloyds-TSB unveils White Knight insurance plan
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 26 September 1997 12:00AM
Lloyds-TSB is joining forces with the car retailer, the Car Group, to launch a car insurance service, which has appointed Dolphin and Booth Lockett Makin to handle a pounds 5 million launch ad campaign.
Lloyds-TSB is joining forces with the car retailer, the Car Group,
to launch a car insurance service, which has appointed Dolphin and Booth
Lockett Makin to handle a pounds 5 million launch ad campaign.
The new service, called White Knight, will draw on the resources of the
Automobile Association and Royal and SunAlliance to offer warranties for
used cars for the first time. Under the terms of the scheme, sellers
will provide a written assessment of the state of the car. If something
goes wrong within the first two weeks, the AA will be called on to
Thereafter, the buyer will be eligible for Royal and SunAlliance’s
mechanical breakdown cover.
The initiative is expected to spearhead a new market in the car
Approximately four million used-car transactions are conducted every
year and the market is growing at 10 per cent a year.
White Knight will position itself as an insurance ’comfort blanket’ for
buyers and an added sales point for people selling a used car.
Dolphin and BLM pitched alongside the marketing communications
specialist, Creative Marketing Solutions, against a number of other
undisclosed agencies, to win the business.
The launch campaign is centred around a month-long series of front-cover
wraparounds appearing on the used-car buyer’s bible, Auto Trader. Thirty
per cent of private car sales are channelled through the weekly title,
which will also carry White Knight ads inside its issues and on its
This will be supported by a pounds 1 million national TV campaign,
consisting of one 40- and one ten-second ad, devised by Dolphin’s
creative director, Chalky White. The TV work depicts a hero in shining
armour stopping a man who is just about to call a used-car seller
without first talking to White Knight.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Communications Manager - Contract - Leeds Ninesharp £140 - £150 per day, Leeds
- Sales Development Manager Adam Recruitment £33000 per annum, Cheshire
- Social Media Strategist Norton Leigh + Benefits, Central London
- Digital Performance Director Norton Leigh + Benefits, Central London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'