Euro RSCG lands Nasdaq’s creative account in the UK
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 February 1998 12:00AM
Euro RSCG Wnek Gosper has been appointed to take over the UK creative account for the electronic US stock market, Nasdaq.
Euro RSCG Wnek Gosper has been appointed to take over the UK
creative account for the electronic US stock market, Nasdaq.
Media on the business is already handled by Euro RSCG’s sister company,
Mediapolis, which won the account a year ago. Nasdaq has been running
ads by Messner Vetere Berger McNamee Schmetterer/Euro RSCG in the US,
but some creative work will now get the local treatment from Euro RSCG
Nasdaq has been advertising exclusively on television but is thought to
be planning an additional press and poster campaign this year, devised
with the help of Mark Wnek, Euro RSCG Wnek Gosper’s executive creative
Nasdaq, which sponsors Sky Sports’ television coverage of the National
Football League, is waging a campaign to promote listings for European
companies. Television ads ran in the UK in the first and last quarters
of 1997, aimed at businessmen in the South-east of England.
Set up in 1971 as the first electronic stock market, Nasdaq provides a
listing for more than 5,500 fast-growing US companies and is bigger than
the London and Tokyo stock exchanges. Nasdaq has drawn some of the
world’s largest hi-tech companies to its market including Microsoft,
Apple, Intel and Dell.
Nasdaq is petitioning to be seen as a more realistic measure of stock
market performance than the Dow Jones index, which lists only 40
Nearly 50 UK companies are listed on Nasdaq including Richard Branson’s
Virgin Express airline.
No-one at Euro RSCG was available to comment as Campaign went to
Nasdaq’s associate director of international marketing, Judith Lacey,
said: ’Press and poster work may be adapted for the UK in the future.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Brand Manager FMCG Connect Up to £34,000 plus bonus potential and benefits, West Yorkshire
- Senior Brand Manager Better Placed Recruitment £Competitive, North West England
- Account Manager for South-West London integrated agency Gabriele Skelton £3035 - £4035 per annum, London
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £40000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity