DHL reviews pounds 25m Scholz task
By HARRIET GREEN, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 February 1998 12:00AM
DHL Worldwide Express, the courier company, is reviewing its pounds 25 million-plus pan-European creative account, which is handled by the Hamburg-based Scholz & Friends.
DHL Worldwide Express, the courier company, is reviewing its pounds
25 million-plus pan-European creative account, which is handled by the
Hamburg-based Scholz & Friends.
Five agencies will be shortlisted to pitch for the account, with
marketing executives in the UK, France, Germany and Italy nominating
their local agencies. Pitches will take place at the end of March with a
decision expected by June.
In the UK, Mike Bull, DHL UK’s marketing communications manager, is
expected to put forward Mellors Reay & Partners, which handles radio and
local advertising. Bull was unavailable as Campaign went to press.
Scholz & Friends’ last work was a testimonial campaign using the line:
’People like us. Like us.’ The campaign, now in its third year, promoted
DHL as a day-to-day service rather than a last resort in
The unscripted television work featured ordinary individuals describing
their experiences of DHL. The campaign has run in its various guises
across Europe since May 1995, backed by local radio, outdoor and press
However, one source close to the business said the campaign had failed
to raise awareness across Europe, particularly in the UK, its biggest
market. DHL is now keen to find a new television campaign which will
work across all markets.
Scholz & Friends won the business in 1995 after a pitch against Ogilvy &
Mather Belgium, CDP Europe and the then Reay Keating Hamer.
DHL’s media planning and buying, which is handled by CIA Medianetwork,
is unaffected by the review.
DHL operates in more than 227 countries.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire