Y&R unveils new Honey Monster spot
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 February 1998 12:00AM
The Honey Monster has hung up his football boots and taken up snowboarding for the latest Sugar Puffs commercial from Young & Rubicam.
The Honey Monster has hung up his football boots and taken up
snowboarding for the latest Sugar Puffs commercial from Young &
The actress, Emma Harrison, who played Jo in the Australian soap opera,
Neighbours, stars as a maiden in distress who is rescued by the dashing
Honey Monster in the new commercial, which was filmed in the mountains
of New Zealand.
Emma is perilously stranded in the path of an avalanche. As she screams
out in fear, she sees a strange furry animal gliding towards her on a
snowboard. She asks him if he is the abominable snowman, but he replies,
’No. I’m the adorable Honey Monster’, and throws her over his shoulder
in order to protect her from danger.
As the Honey Monster carries Emma to safety, the couple perform a daring
jump over a cliff. Emma and the Honey Monster then fall into a handy
chair-lift and when they pull down the safety bar, they are delighted to
find that Sugar Puffs, milk and breakfast bowls have been laid on for
Soon, however, they realise they are stranded. Emma worries that they
could be stuck up in the mountains for days, but the Honey Monster
reassures her with the words, ’Don’t worry - I’ve got another box’, and
she is so pleased that she snuggles up to her hero and gives him a
The commercial was created by the same team that wrote the last two
Sugar Puffs ads featuring the football stars, Kevin Keegan and Peter
Schmeichel. It was written by Paul Catmur, art directed by Anita Davis
and directed by Mark Williams through Tony Kaye Films.
Y&R also handles other Quaker’s brands including Quick & Hearty and Hot
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Associate Director - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £85k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Quantitative Research Manager Trace £32k to £40k, South East England / Berkshire / Maidenhead, Berkshire / Windsor, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Propel £30000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films