Campaign Press Awards Silver Anniversary 1998 - Sponsor Profiles - Best Sport and Leisure Advertisement - PC Format
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 March 1998 12:00AM
PC Format is the world’s best-selling PC leisure magazine. The title’s remit covers all aspects of using a home PC, from games to the Internet, education to creativity. We offer a one-stop shop for readers eager to get the best out of their computer - and those looking out for a good read, too.
PC Format is the world’s best-selling PC leisure magazine. The
title’s remit covers all aspects of using a home PC, from games to the
Internet, education to creativity. We offer a one-stop shop for readers
eager to get the best out of their computer - and those looking out for
a good read, too.
Our last ABC came in at a stonking 106,314 (with a 87,930 UK
A relatively high cover price (pounds 4.99) means that TGI estimates our
pass-on audience to be eight readers per copy - creating a readership of
Ninety five per cent of PC Format readers are male and this is the main
reasoning behind our men’s mag cover style.
A large chunk of PC Format’s success is based on our covermount
strategy: as well as featuring a CD-Rom packed with the latest game
demos, multimedia and applications, we also bundle a second disk,
featuring a full, commercial program previously sold in the high street.
Strong brands associated with these covermounts have included Time
Magazine, Blockbuster Video, Lucasfilm and National Geographic. Other
full programs have included the stunning astronomy disc, Redshift 2, and
the controversial telephone directory, UK-Info Disk.
Editorially, PC Format offers the toughest product reviews in the
business, as well as the hottest news and varied cover features. Our
interviews feature real-world celebrities involved in interactive
products such as Max Clifford, Richard Branson, Des Lynham, Jo Guest,
Douglas Adams, Tom Clancy and Jeff Wayne.
PC Format is a global brand, with licences in Spain, Portugal, Brazil,
South Africa and a French edition on the way. We even run quarterly
specials (PC Format Gold) based around special events such as the start
of the Formula One season and the World Cup.
The response from our readers and our advertisers, time and time again,
is that PC Format works. We’re the clear market leader in our sector.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London
- Brand/Innovation Marketers Needed Ball & Hoolahan Competitive Salary package, Derbyshire / Leicestershire / Lincolnshire / Northamptonshire / Nottinghamshire
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £54,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account