CAMPAIGN INTERNATIONAL: MEDIA GIANTS (SPONSORED BY MOTHER TONGUE WRITERS)
By ALASDAIR REID, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 March 1998 12:00AM
THE WASHINGTON POST
THE WASHINGTON POST
Revenues for 1997 were dollars 1.95 billion, up by 6 per cent on the
previous year. Newspaper publishing accounted for dollars 813 million of
that 1997 revenue figure, magazines accounted for dollars 390 million;
and broadcasting, including cable network operations, took dollars 338
million. As well as media and online assets, the company owns
educational centres and newsprint paper mills.
The Washington Post (daily circulation of over 800,000), the Everett
Herald, Minneapolis-St Paul Star Tribune (23 per cent stake), Gazette
Newspapers (one newspaper and 21 community newsletters in Maryland),
International Herald Tribune (50 per cent stake).
Newsweek, Newsweek Business Plus, Newsweek Woman, Newsweek International
(global English-language editions plus the Japanese Nihon Ban and Korean
Hankuk Pan. TechNews division publishes various trade and technical
titles including Washington Technology, Technology Almanac, Reseller
Management and Newsbyte News Network.
Post-Newsweek Stations owns network television stations in Houston, San
Antonio, Orlando, Detroit, Jacksonville and Miami.
Post-Newsweek Cable owns cable networks in 16 US states.
ONLINE SERVICES AND NEW MEDIA
Newsweek Interactive: specialises in online services and CD-Rom
Digital Ink: an online service development division.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Director - Doha, Qatar (Tax free salary) MCG Associates Tax Free Salary, Doha, Qatar
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Outstanding FMCG Marketing Manager GoodEgg Digital £70k + Terrific benefits, M4 Corridor/Slough, Berks
- Social Media Coordinator- Freelance Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement