BMP Optimum poaches Mark Palmer from WCRS
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 June 1997 12:00AM
BMP Optimum, whose joint managing director and media planning expert, Derek Morris leaves this week, has poached WCRS’s strategic communications director, Mark Palmer.
BMP Optimum, whose joint managing director and media planning
expert, Derek Morris leaves this week, has poached WCRS’s strategic
communications director, Mark Palmer.
Paul Taylor, the managing director of BMP Optimum, said that Palmer was
not a replacement for Morris, but that his appointment would broaden the
media dependant’s planning expertise, helping the company look beyond
conventional media strategies. Palmer is to join BMP Optimum later this
summer to take the new role of head of communication strategy.
’We’re trying to go further than traditional media planning,’ Taylor
explained. ’Mark is a leading-edge strategist and his role will help us
bring media planning and account planning closer together. We’re very
pleased to get him.’
Palmer will work across all of BMP Optimum’s clients. He will also have
dealings with all the company’s staff and will report directly to
Palmer, a former winner of the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising
Media Effectiveness Award, joined WCRS in 1995 from Bates Dorland, where
he was communications director.
At WCRS, Palmer worked closely on the BMW account.
WCRS’s decision to merge media into its sister media shop, Mediapolis
(Campaign, 10 January), gave Palmer the opportunity to study other
According to industry insiders, WCRS is likely to seek a high-level
replacement for Palmer to continue the strategic work on BMW.
Palmer was unavailable for comment as Campaign went to press.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Client Facing Project Manager Twist Recruitment £24000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Midweight- senior Digital Project Manager Twist Recruitment £35000 - £55000 per annum + bonus, City of London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k (freelance & perm) Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- Digital Performance Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers