Agencies line up as Post Office reviews pounds 4m corporate task
By FRANCESCA NEWLAND, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 November 1998 12:00AM
The Post Office is reviewing its corporate advertising account and has earmarked a pounds 4 million budget for the business amid speculation that it will launch a public awareness campaign in the wake of ownership changes being planned by the Government.
The Post Office is reviewing its corporate advertising account and
has earmarked a pounds 4 million budget for the business amid
speculation that it will launch a public awareness campaign in the wake
of ownership changes being planned by the Government.
The incumbent on the business - which spent only pounds 475,000 last
year - is McCann-Erickson, which has been invited to repitch against
four other agencies: Bartle Bogle Hegarty, BMP DDB, WCRS and Lowe
A spokeswoman for the Post Office said it was a statutory review, which
takes place every three years. However the significant boost in spend
comes as the Government prepares to announce its decision on the
organisation’s future ownership structure.
The Department of Trade and Industry is investigating a range of
options, which include a minority share sale or establishing an
independent publicly owned company. The spokeswoman said there were no
plans to use the advertising to address these commercial issues but said
an agency would be appointed early next year.
The most recent Post Office corporate work was last year’s Christmas
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Regional Marketing Manager - Northern Region EMO £30-35,000 per annum + CAR + Benefits, Northern Region - Home Based
- User Experience Architect | Large Telecoms client Aquent £30k-£45k + Benefits, Maidenhead - Car parking available
- Senior Director - Pharmaceutical Mustard Jobs up to £60,000 doe, Central London
- New Business Director - Agency Brand Recruitment £60000 per annum + bonus, Milton Keynes