Roose and Partners lands Kleenex
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 February 1997 12:00AM
Roose and Partners has scooped the pounds 6 million Kleenex toilet tissues and kitchen towels business after pitching against Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Simons Palmer Clemmow Johnson and Banks Hoggins O’Shea.
Roose and Partners has scooped the pounds 6 million Kleenex toilet
tissues and kitchen towels business after pitching against Abbott Mead
Vickers BBDO, Simons Palmer Clemmow Johnson and Banks Hoggins
The Kleenex business is a full-service win for Roose and Partners, and
the agency is already buying media for its new client, although the
creative work currently on air was originated by Roose’s predecessor,
The account came up for grabs when Kleenex’s former owner,
Kimberly-Clark, merged with Scott Paper and was forced to sell off some
of its brands after the European Commission objected to its monopoly
position. The Swedish paper conglomerate, SCA, bought the ten-year
licence for the Kleenex toilet tissues and kitchen roll brands, as well
as Scotties and Handy Andies.
SCA asked agencies to come up with ideas for the future positioning of
the Kleenex Double Velvet brand, including issues such as its naming and
development. A radical overhaul of the brand is expected to be
manifested in Roose’s Kleenex advertising when it breaks later this
Roose and Partners has handled Bodyform, another SCA brand, for ten
Ted Roose, the chief executive of Roose and Partners, said: ’I am
delighted to add such a famous name as Kleenex to our client list and
excited about SCA’s ambitious plans for the business. It is a
high-profile endorsement of our ability to create successful long-term
brand business with major advertisers.’
The agency’s other major clients are Nestle Rowntree confectionery and
Finish, the dishwasher detergent owned by Benckiser.
FCB, which handled all the Kleenex business when the brand was owned by
Kimberly-Clark, still handles Kleenex facial tissues.
Kleenex’s last campaign started in 1991, and consisted of 13 films about
a young divorced woman living alone, her streetwise sister and her
Last November a younger trio was introduced to update the campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Director Red Sofa London £45000 - £550000 per annum, London
- Head of Paid Social Dot-Gap £65k, Central London
- Digital Marketing Manager Online Resourcing Attractive salary and benefits, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Account Manager > ATL > INDEPENDENT AGENCY collectivo Up to £30,000 per annum, West London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement