O&M and Y&R fight to handle pan-Euro Ford Puma ad task
By HARRIET GREEN, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 February 1997 12:00AM
Ogilvy and Mather, Ford UK’s agency, is battling with Young and Rubicam for the dollars 15 million pan-European launch account of the new sports coupe, the Puma.
Ogilvy and Mather, Ford UK’s agency, is battling with Young and
Rubicam for the dollars 15 million pan-European launch account of the
new sports coupe, the Puma.
Both roster shops have presented campaign ideas to Ford Europe in the
past month and are expecting a final decision next week. Y&R handles
Ford’s account in Germany and the pan-European advertising for the
According to sources close to Ford, Y&R is hoping to net the Puma launch
as a reward for its work on Galaxy. ’Y&R wants to be the second roster
agency in the UK,’ one insider said. The account is likely to total
pounds 6 million in the UK.
The pitch follows Ford’s decision to run more campaigns across Europe to
achieve economies of scale. However, Pete Townsend, Ford Europe’s
manager, marketing, insisted that Ford had not yet decided whether to
promote the Puma with a pan-European campaign or with locally generated
Y&R hoped to land more Ford business after winning the Galaxy launch in
September 1994. However, O&M has improved its creative work for the car
giant following the appointment of Leon Jaume as creative director on
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- account manager Twist Recruitment £25000 - £27000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Media Manager - Client side PFJ £45000 - £55000 per annum + Car allowance, London
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Middleweight Designer Dahling Ltd circa £35K + benefits, Central London
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers