Food giant CPC to review pounds 16.5m media account
By ANNE-MARIE CRAWFORD, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 February 1997 12:00AM
The food conglomerate, CPC, which owns brands such as Hellmann’s mayonnaise, Marmite and Ambrosia Cream Rice, is reviewing its pounds 16.5 million media account.
The food conglomerate, CPC, which owns brands such as Hellmann’s
mayonnaise, Marmite and Ambrosia Cream Rice, is reviewing its pounds
16.5 million media account.
BMP DDB and Zenith Media are both awaiting briefs for a
winner-takes-all-pitch in the next few weeks, as CPC moves to centralise
both its planning and buying into a single agency for the first time.
Traditionally, the client has kept planning closely tied to the creative
BMP handles all centralised buying for CPC along with planning for a
number of brands including Marmite, Golden Wonder Pot Snacks and Knorr
Stock Cubes. BMP also looks after the creative on these products.
Planning on Hellmann’s mayonnaise, Ambrosia and Napolina is handled by
20/20 Media, the media arm of Delaney Fletcher Bozell, which is also the
Although 20/20 was initially considered in the review, it has not been
asked to pitch because of its association with the Negotiation Centre,
which handles Heinz. 20/20 is a joint venture with the CIA Group, which
also owns the Negotiation Centre, through which 20/20 channels its TV
buying negotiations. The agency now relinquishes all CPC planning
responsibilities. J. Walter Thompson, which handles creative and media
planning and buying on Entenmann’s Cakes, has not been invited to
The media centralisation coincides with moves by CPC International to
reduce its roster of creative agencies around the world. In January it
aligned its global soup and sauces brand, Knorr, within four
international networks: DDB Needham, Young and Rubicam, Grey and
Representatives at CPC, BMP and Zenith were all unavailable for comment
as Campaign went to press.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London