Leo Burnett wins Procter and Gamble’s pounds 8m Irish brief
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 February 1997 12:00AM
Leo Burnett and its Dublin-based affiliate, Young Advertising, have scooped Procter and Gamble’s pounds 8 million media planning and buying account in Ireland.
Leo Burnett and its Dublin-based affiliate, Young Advertising, have
scooped Procter and Gamble’s pounds 8 million media planning and buying
account in Ireland.
Burnetts pitched for the business against P&G’s UK roster media
agencies, Me-diaCom, the Media Centre and Zenith Media. Media-polis was
invited to pitch but is understood to have declined. The agencies were
informed of the result earlier this week.
P&G’s Irish account was previously split, with several agencies handling
media buying in the RTE area and Burnetts working on the Ulster buying
However, overspill from the RTE and Ulster TV areas means that many
advertisers in Ireland have decided that a single media operation is
more efficient and better suited to the intricacies of the Irish
Although Saatchi and Saatchi London handles a chunk of the P&G business,
Saatchis uses Zenith in Ireland, which has had responsibility for around
70 per cent of P&G’s media spend there.
The Media Centre in London handles roughly 30 per cent of the Irish
spend, while MediaCom has recently been handed a number of P&G projects
so the client could evaluate its work.
Burnetts was the only pitching agency which has not worked on some of
the P&G business in southern Ireland, but it has handled all the media
for the Ulster region.
Burnetts handles part of P&G’s media scheduling task in the UK, where it
has established a P&G unit, headed by David Connolly, the joint media
director. The Irish media planning and buying is expected to be
co-ordinated by Burnetts in London.
Connolly declined to comment on the appointment, which becomes effective
from 1 July.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager / Executive - Temporary Freelance Adam Recruitment £100 - £150 per day + doe, Manchester
- Senior Production Manager/ Production Director Premier Media £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Mid-Senior Planner | £50-70K Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Package, City of London
- Mid Weight PM needed for Liverpool Street agency £32k Digital Gurus £32000 - £34000 per annum, London