Cernis chooses job at Barrett Delves
By ANNE-MARIE CRAWFORD, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 February 1997 12:00AM
Justin Cernis, the former new-business director of Mellors Reay and Partners, is joining the start-up agency, Barrett Delves Fletcher Matthews, as a managing partner.
Justin Cernis, the former new-business director of Mellors Reay and
Partners, is joining the start-up agency, Barrett Delves Fletcher
Matthews, as a managing partner.
Cernis, who quit Mellors Reay earlier this year, joins next week with a
particular focus on new business. He will take an equal equity stake in
the fledgling agency and his name will be added to that of the four
other partners at some point in the future.
At the same time, Barrett Delves has announced three new wins - its
first since its launch last October. The agency has picked up projects
for the London Symphony Orchestra, the DMTG Ski Exhibition and the
recruitment company, Robertson Young. The last two were won in
Cernis will now target a number of other new-business prospects in
sectors that include financial services, retail and beer. The agency is
also keen to land some Government business.
Cernis talked to agencies such as TBWA and Banks Hoggins O’Shea before
deciding on Barrett Delves. He had previously worked with the managing
partner, Alastair Delves, at Young and Rubicam in the late 80s.
Cernis said: ’When Paul Richards joined as managing director at Mellors
Reay, it closed a door of opportunity to me. Last year was also
incredibly frustrating and disappointing. We made it on to 13 pitches -
many of them very high profile - and we didn’t win one of them. I spent
a lot of time thinking about what to do.
’I already know Alastair and we share a belief in what ads should be
like. When I met the others, they struck me as people who were on my
wavelength and I wanted to be part of it.’
Cernis joined Mellors Reay in October 1994. Before that he was
new-business director at McCann-Erickson.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior UX/IA Mobile Designer - 3 Month Contract - London Network Career Consultants £300 - £350 per day, London
- Junior Account Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £18000 per annum, Birmingham
- French Speaking Graphic designer | Corporate communications - Global Healthcare Brand Aquent Competitive day rate, Hertfordshire
- Client Services Director - Full-Service Digital Agency Silverdrum to £55,000 + benefits, London