Mirror adds weekly job supplement as part of rebranding
By RICHARD COOK, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 February 1997 12:00AM
The Mirror is claiming a tabloid first this week with the launch of Mirror Jobs, a weekly recruitment supplement.
The Mirror is claiming a tabloid first this week with the launch of
Mirror Jobs, a weekly recruitment supplement.
Launched on Thursday, Mirror Jobs is part of Mirror Group’s promised
pounds 16 million two-year package to revitalise the Mirror.
While several papers in the tabloid market do run job ads, none has
developed a standalone supplement.
Mirror Jobs will carry between eight and 12 pages, comprising a mix of
editorial and ads for recruitment and vocational training. Although it
will carry national ads, a crucial component of the new section will be
its availability in six regional variations.
A recruitment department of 25, which includes 16 new hirings, has been
created to sell space in the supplement. There will be three teams
within the department, each run out of separate offices, including one
in Birming-ham. The teams will be led by three new group heads: in
London, Yevette Pathare; in Oldham, Melanie Serventi; and in Birmingham,
The six macro-regions covered by the teams include: North-east England,
North-west England, Wales and the South-west, Yorkshire, the Midlands,
and London and the South-east.
Gina Bradbury, the Mirror’s group classified advertisement manager, said
that regional flexibility was the key factor: ’If you’re looking for a
job in Newcastle, you don’t really want to know what’s going on in
That’s always been the problem of national recruitment advertising in
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Midlands