Dell hires Carat and seeks ad agency
By FRANCESCA NEWLAND, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 May 1999 12:00AM
The Dell Computer Corporation has appointed Carat to its newly centralised pounds 20 million home and small business media account across Europe - and is now in talks with agencies about centralising the creative account.
The Dell Computer Corporation has appointed Carat to its newly
centralised pounds 20 million home and small business media account
across Europe - and is now in talks with agencies about centralising the
Carat has held the UK home and small business account, worth pounds 4
million, for ten years and it is understood that Dell handed the agency
the European planning and buying task without inviting other agencies to
pitch. It is believed that pan-European negotiations will be conducted
by Carat in the UK.
The creative account is held by Travis Sully Harari in the UK and by a
number of other agencies across Europe. It is thought that Dell’s
vice-president of corporate branding, Scott Helbing, is considering
Ammirati Puris Lintas, Euro RSCG and the Lowe Group for the centralised
BBDO, which handles the brand advertising for Dell in the US and across
Europe, is not thought to be involved in the talks. Relations between
Dell and BBDO are said to have been weakened by the departure of the
network’s vice-president, John Berg, who was close to Helbing.
Lowe, APL and Euro all have ties with Dell. APL won the pounds 50
million home and small business account in the US earlier this month
after Goldberg Moser O’Neill, part of the Lowe Group, resigned the
business. Euro handles the account in Asia.
A Dell spokesman refused to comment on the creative pitch, but confirmed
the appointment of Carat.
Neil Jones, Dell’s European account director at Carat, said: ’We’re
delighted to extend our relationship with a client as dynamic as Dell.’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account