IPA names Hamish Pringle marketing strategy director
By JADE GARRETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 May 1999 12:00AM
Hamish Pringle, a former vice-chairman of Saatchi & Saatchi, has been confirmed as the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising’s director of marketing strategy as the body steps up its drive to promote the work of UK advertising industry.
Hamish Pringle, a former vice-chairman of Saatchi & Saatchi, has
been confirmed as the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising’s
director of marketing strategy as the body steps up its drive to promote
the work of UK advertising industry.
The role - the first of its kind at the IPA - is part of the new
president Rupert Howell’s drive to gain greater recognition of the
contribution the advertising industry makes to the UK economy.
Pringle has been caretaking the role for the past two months, during
which time the IPA advertised for candidates before settling on
His contract requires him to work two days a week at the IPA until
The rest of the week will be spent working for his own marketing
consultancy, Brand Beliefs, which he set up at the start of the year on
his departure from Saatchis.
Pringle said the marketing role was essential to fulfil Howell’s
’As an industry, we can’t afford to be marginalised,’ he told
’We need to be seen alongside other professions such as the law and
accountancy as making a real contribution to the UK economy.’
Pringle, who prefers to style himself as more of back-room operator than
the voice of the IPA, also plans to ensure that areas such as digital
media are fully understood and utilised by the advertising industry. He
will also review the IPA’s corporate identity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Category Insight Manager - FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £35000 - £38000 per annum + £5k Car Allowance + Benefits, Bracknell
- Senior Designer Contract Zebra People £350 per day, City of London
- Head of Social Media - leading advertising agency The Great & The Good £50,000 to £60,000 per annum plus benefits, Beautiful offices in central London
- Global Digital Brand Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + other benefits , Slough
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart