IPA names Hamish Pringle marketing strategy director
By JADE GARRETT, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 May 1999 12:00AM
Hamish Pringle, a former vice-chairman of Saatchi & Saatchi, has been confirmed as the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising’s director of marketing strategy as the body steps up its drive to promote the work of UK advertising industry.
Hamish Pringle, a former vice-chairman of Saatchi & Saatchi, has
been confirmed as the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising’s
director of marketing strategy as the body steps up its drive to promote
the work of UK advertising industry.
The role - the first of its kind at the IPA - is part of the new
president Rupert Howell’s drive to gain greater recognition of the
contribution the advertising industry makes to the UK economy.
Pringle has been caretaking the role for the past two months, during
which time the IPA advertised for candidates before settling on
His contract requires him to work two days a week at the IPA until
The rest of the week will be spent working for his own marketing
consultancy, Brand Beliefs, which he set up at the start of the year on
his departure from Saatchis.
Pringle said the marketing role was essential to fulfil Howell’s
’As an industry, we can’t afford to be marginalised,’ he told
’We need to be seen alongside other professions such as the law and
accountancy as making a real contribution to the UK economy.’
Pringle, who prefers to style himself as more of back-room operator than
the voice of the IPA, also plans to ensure that areas such as digital
media are fully understood and utilised by the advertising industry. He
will also review the IPA’s corporate identity.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Project Manager Tomorrow Recruitment Up to £45k, West London
- Trading Director, Retail Premier Consultants c.£200k+ plus senior management benefits, Confidential
- Brand & Marketing Manager Foods Stopgap £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- European Marketing Co-ordinator Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, Rugby
- Global Head of Trading-South Africa Lipton Fleming £90000 per annum + benefits, Johannesburg
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?