Benckiser picks WCRS for pounds 5m Vanish account
By KAREN YATES, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 August 1998 12:00AM
WCRS has won a coveted place on the roster of the German-owned household goods giant, Benckiser, by scooping the pounds 5 million advertising account of its Vanish range of stain removers.
WCRS has won a coveted place on the roster of the German-owned
household goods giant, Benckiser, by scooping the pounds 5 million
advertising account of its Vanish range of stain removers.
Vanish has a history of high-profile advertising in Britain, especially
on daytime television. Its most famous work was a series of surreal
commercials through Burkitt Weinreich Bryant & Clients in the mid 90s.
However, sales of its in-wash stain remover have been under pressure
since the arrival in the UK of the Ace Gentle Bleach brand, a rival
product from Procter & Gamble. The Vanish account has had a chequered
history of late and has been handled by three different agencies in the
Its incumbent agency, Clark & Taylor, won the account on a project basis
less than six months ago, prising it out of M&C Saatchi, which itself
had only won the business from Roose & Partners eight months
Roose currently handles Benckiser’s other household goods brands in the
UK, notably its Finish range of dishwasher products, Calgon water
softener for washing machines and its new-product development work.
Benckiser’s media buying, which was centralised into BMP Optimum two
years ago, will not be affected by the latest change.
Benckiser’s Vanish range includes a line of carpet wipes, Vanish liquid
stain remover and a series of Vanish stain-removing sticks as well as
its in-wash stain-removal product.
No-one at WCRS would comment on the win and Benckiser’s marketing
director, Keith Edwards, could not be contacted as Campaign went to
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex
- Designer - Stunning Agency - Central London - c£40k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k, Central London