Oracle pools pounds 20m non-US advertising into DDB’s network
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 August 1998 12:00AM
The DDB network is thought to have won the international advertising account for Oracle, the computer company, in all territories outside the US.
The DDB network is thought to have won the international
advertising account for Oracle, the computer company, in all territories
outside the US.
The US account is already handled by DDB’s sister Omnicom agency, the
Los Angeles-based hotshop, Think New Ideas. Its work has previously been
used in campaigns for other territories.
Oracle spent less than pounds 500,000 above the line in the UK last
year, but the world’s second-largest software company is stepping up its
advertising activities around the world and the new account is expected
to be worth more than pounds 20 million across Europe, the Middle East
and Africa over the coming year.
BMP DDB will take over the account in this country later in the year,
and is tipped to act as the lead creative agency on the business.
Oracle launched a pounds 15 million global campaign this week which
carries the strapline, ’Do you know?’. The print ads, created by Think
New Ideas, will run in national newspapers around the world in
Oracle’s non-US media business is handled by Optimedia, which won the
business without a pitch in January. A spokeswoman for Oracle would not
confirm or deny the change of agency and nobody at BMP was available to
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Project Manager (Digital) Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- Digital & Print Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £33000 per annum + amazing bonus scheme & benefits, London
- Global CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000, International/Europe
- Assistant Brand Manager Veritas Partnership Ltd £28000 - £35000 Per Annum plus benefits, M3-A3 Corridor