Saga pools pounds 5m media into CIA
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 August 1998 12:00AM
Saga, the holidays-to-financial services combine targeting the over 50s, has centralised its pounds 5 million media account into CIA Medianetwork.
Saga, the holidays-to-financial services combine targeting the over
50s, has centralised its pounds 5 million media account into CIA
CIA already handles Saga, which spent about pounds 1.5 million last
year, but now the company has decided to pool all of its business into a
single media agency.
CIA picks up the pounds 1.2 million financial services media planning
and buying, previously handled by Carat Direct, and will also now work
on Saga’s first national TV advertising campaign, planned for the
Mike Elms, the chief executive of CIA, confirmed the consolidation and
said: ’Saga’s a brilliant client and it’s exceedingly well-placed for
The media centralisation comes as Saga prepares for a new marketing push
in a bid to accelerate its growth and broaden its customer base.
Saga appointed Ogilvy & Mather in June as its creative agency with a
brief to create a TV advertising campaign which would also help update
Saga’s image, ditching the zimmerframe impression in favour of a more
modern, active view of the over 50s.
The company is best known for its holiday packages tailored to the grey
But in recent years Saga has expanded its business base to include a
range of products and services targeting the over 50s, including
insurance, a Saga Visa card, the home gas market, a low-cost telephone
service and its own magazine.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London