Zebra Media beats two shops to pounds 5.5m Electrolux account
By CLAIRE BEALE, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 November 1997 12:00AM
Electrolux has awarded media buying for its pounds 5.5 million centralised white goods business to Zebra Media following a three-way pitch against Mediapolis and Motive.
Electrolux has awarded media buying for its pounds 5.5 million
centralised white goods business to Zebra Media following a three-way
pitch against Mediapolis and Motive.
The decision to appoint Zebra comes 20 months after Electrolux announced
it was looking to appoint one media agency in the UK after setting up a
centralised marketing department for its white goods brands. Zebra will
add AEG - previously handled by Mediapolis - Tricity Bendex and
Parkinson Cowan, to its existing Zanussi account. Motive will continue
to buy for Electrolux’s floorcare products.
Ian Symes, the group marketing director for Electrolux’s major
appliances who led the review, said: ’Zebra Media demonstrated how to
turn an increasingly fragmented media market into an advantage for all
Zebra’s managing director, Jeff Hyams, said: ’I believe Zebra’s unique
proposition will be of increasing relevance to clients as media
continues to evolve.’
Electrolux spent just under pounds 4 million in the past year on
advertising for its white goods brands (AC Nielsen MEAL 12 months to
is a significant win for Zebra Media, a joint venture between Zenith
Media and Leagas Shafron Davis set up last December. It was created to
seek new business as well taking on Leagas Shafron’s media clients.
which delivers at least equal prominence to media planning as media
Their appointment demonstrates our commitment to dynamic media planning
and buying as well as great creative work in building our brands.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Campaign Delivery Executive Stopgap £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester