CRAFT: NEWS - Eclipse signs up Paul, Hawkes and Kneeshaw to increase roster to five
By EMMA HALL, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 November 1997 12:00AM
Eclipse, the production company set up nearly five years ago by Harry Rankin, the former managing director of Limelight, has taken on three new directors, expanding its roster to five.
Eclipse, the production company set up nearly five years ago by
Harry Rankin, the former managing director of Limelight, has taken on
three new directors, expanding its roster to five.
The signings are Charlie Paul, an animation specialist who joins from
Smith Jones Brown and Cassie; Ric Hawkes, who is best known for his car
photography; and a newcomer, Lance Kneeshaw.
Rankin’s best-known director is Colin Gregg, who shot the Blackcurrant
Tango ’St George’ spot. Eclipse also represents the table-top
specialist, Tif Hunter.
’I want to spread the appeal of the company,’ Rankin said. ’But I am
looking for awards rather than turnover.’ Hunter and Gregg were part of
Eclipse’s original line-up. The company has also represented names
including Leonardo Ricagni, Modray and Toby Tremlett. Rankin said: ’You
have to prune the tree every now and then.’
Hawkes joins from James Garrett & Partners, where he shot campaigns for
BMW, Nestle, Citroen, Heinz and Heineken. His career started in 1979 as
an assistant to an ads photographer, and his stills work includes Nike
and BA as well as many car campaigns.
Paul made his first spot for the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society
in 1989. It won 14 awards including a D&AD silver. Since then he has
made ads for clients including Campbells, Hamlet, Nurofen and Cross &
Kneeshaw has worked in TV drama for the past two years. His graduation
film, Radio, was produced by Merchant Ivory.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Content Manager - Fashion - London - £200 a day Digital Gurus £150 - £200 per day, London
- Charismatic PR Account Executive Required! Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £17000 - £22000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus & Benefits, Manchester
- Complience and Risk Manager BBC £34000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Strategic Alliances Manger, major RTB platform Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + +comm, London